Tuesday, March 13, 2007

The Celestine Prophecy - A Celestial Quest

The movie “The Celestine Prophecy (2006)” is an interesting tale about how human relationships could be much better. (It calls it the next step in evolution.) The beautiful rainforest scenes are inspiring. There is enough intrigue and action to satisfy a lot of viewers. The “heady” parts will probably escape them. I tried to process the words, but it took a lot of work. It helped having the captions on.

The so-called “insights” are interesting. My jury is still out on the nature of coincidences. But the ramifications of energy – particularly the need to give it – are important. Much of this reminded me of the late Peter McWilliams’ statement that people need to be free to experiment with what works for their lives. In religious terms, this would be “working out your own salvation.” Sounds like a wonderful idea to me. I think I heard of it before… Oh, wait. It’s in the U.S. Declaration of Independence: “Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.”

No comments: