Thursday, May 10, 2007

Joan Crawford died today ... 30 years ago

Joan Crawford, born as Lucille Fay LeSueur on March 23, 1908 in San Antonio, TX, died on May 10, 1977 - a long time ago. I don't remember it, since I was still adjusting to the move to Houston, TX, in 1976. Some time in the 1980's I visited San Antonio. I believe the occasion was for Cinco de Mayo. I had a great time. I don't recall seeing her birthplace - probably because I wasn't looking for it. I have been to San Antonio several times since then. I rather like the city since it is hilly - sort of. I remember complaining often about San Antonio's road system: I thought it was not very well planned. I ... Oh, my. This was supposed to be about Joan Crawford. Oh, well, if you want to read about her and not hear anymore about me, check out the interesting Wikipedia entry at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joan_Crawford. Cheers!

No comments: