Sunday, June 10, 2007

Dr. Edward Everett Hale died today – 98 years ago

U.S. religious leader & author Dr. Edward Everett Hale was born on April 3, 1822 in Roxbury, Massachusetts. He said, “If you have accomplished all that you have planned for yourself, you have not planned enough." {1} [Well, I guess it’s back to the drawing board.]... Mr. Hale died in 1909 in Boston, Massachusetts.

U.S. actor Spencer Tracy was born on April 5, 1900 in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. He said, “Come to work on time, know your lines, and don't bump into the furniture." {1} [And exit when they say, “Exit.”]... Mr. Tracy died in 1967 in Beverly Hills, Los Angeles, California.

U.S. writer Louis L'Amour was born as Louis Dearborn LaMoore on March 22, 1908 in Jamestown, North Dakota. He said, “One never realizes how much and how little he knows until he starts talking." {1} [And that’s why I write it all down… here and there.]... Mr. L’Amour died in 1988 in Los Angeles, California.

English comic Les Dawson was born on February 2, 1933 in Collyhurst, Manchester, Lancashire, England. He said, “I went to my doctor and asked for something for persistent wind. He gave me a kite.” {2} [I don’t get it...... just kidding.]... Mr. Dawson died in 1993 in Whalley Range, Manchester, England.

U.S. singer Ray Charles was born as Ray Charles Robinson on September 23, 1930 in Albany, Georgia. He said, “I never wanted to be famous; I only wanted to be great." {1} [I’ll take a bit of both, please.]... Mr. Charles died in 2004 in Beverly Hills, California.

{1} Source: www.born-today.com
{2} Source: www.amusingquotes.com

No comments: