Friday, July 27, 2007

Water, Water, Everywhere.

Water, Water, Everywhere.
Bottle it right. Consumer beware.

I used to think that I just had to drink only bottled water. Then I was convinced that my city's tap water tasted good. (I do filter it through the refrigerator.) So I stopped buying that expensive stuff.

A while back "20-20" had a show where water, from a hose at the back of a restaurant, was put into pretty bottles and given a fancy name. Customers thought it was delicious and worth the $5-7 price... at least until they were told its source.

I now see that Aquafina (made by PepsiCo) must reveal that its water is from a "public water source". Of course, this was obvious if you knew what "P.W.S." on the label meant.

Apparently Dasani (made by Coca-Cola Co.) is also filtered local water. I don't know how this is indicated on the label, but this site says that it is stated on Dasani's web site.

So I guess we could all save a lot of money if we just got some filters and did our own thing. Or you could try to figure it all out from here.

No comments: