Sunday, May 4, 2008

Jerzy Kosinski died yesterday – 17 years ago

Author (of “The Painted Bird” (1965)) Jerzy Kosinski was born as Josek Lewinkopf on June 14, 1933 in Łódź, Poland. He said, “The popular culture says . . . Do what you do, your life is predestined, like the installment plan on your house. There's not much you can do about it. Make your payments, live it, get sick, die, don't make any trouble. It is the Master Charge of destiny. Try to get your high credit rating." [It does, does it?]... Mr. Kosinski died on May 3, 1991 in New York City, New York.

1 comment:

Regan Elizabeth said...

I was searching for those with similar interests a la books, music, and what not and I came across your post on Jerzy Kosinski. I've just reviewed one of his books on my blog. I'm really new to this blogging deal so still trying to get a hold on sharing information. Stop by if you like and leave a comment. Thanks!

http://reganbrantley.blogspot.com/