Thursday, February 22, 2007

Be Careful with Group Emails

I was locked out (and still am as of this writing) of sending email on Gmail last night. The message I got today said, “Our system indicates unusual usage of your account. In order to protect Gmail users from potentially harmful use of Gmail, this account has been disabled for up to 24 hours.” It happened after I sent a group email where a list of email accounts can be sent all at once. A lot of the entries were returned as not being deliverable. As far as I remember, I used them a few weeks ago and things were fine. I suspect that the email accounts had been closed since they were for media contacts. Perhaps they were tired of hearing from a lot of people. I don’t really know. I have since deleted all of the contacts, since they were not valid anymore. So much for contacting the media.

If this has happened to anyone else, please share.

No comments: