Monday, April 30, 2007

Beware of Google's AdSense

I recently "fell" for Google's AdSense, the service that adds clickable ads on a blog site. I was lured by the promise of money - such a good reason for anything, right? Well, it's not. Think very carefully before accepting money from strangers for very little effort.

Setting up AdSense was very easy. A short time later I checked my blog for comments. I won't say what it was, but the ad I saw was very, VERY inappropriate for my blog. Google's Help says there are filters, but I didn't see any offered when I signed up. At first I blocked everyone off of my blog. Then I had to change my blog's template twice to get rid of the ads. It was not such a big task, but I could have been very embarassed for anyone else to see the ad. Someone might have thought that I had placed it there. Anyway, I don't recommend it at this point. Cheers!

No comments: