Friday, June 22, 2007

David O. Selznick died today – 42 years ago

U.S. movie director David O. Selznick was born on May 10, 1902 in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. He said, “There are only two classes - first class and no class.” {1} [Talk about a classless society.]... Mr. Selznick died in 1965 in Hollywood, Los Angeles, California.

U.S. actress Judy Garland was born as Frances Ethel Gumm on June 10, 1922 in Grand Rapids, Minnesota. She said, “I've always taken 'The Wizard of Oz' very seriously, you know. I believe in the idea of the rainbow. And I've spent my entire life trying to get over it.” {1} [Rainbows, like dreams, cannot be touched. But they’re real just the same.]... Ms. Garland died in 1969 in Chelsea, London, England.

U.S. dancer, actor, & singer Fred Astaire was born on May 10, 1899 in Omaha, Nebraska. He said, “The higher up you go, the more mistakes you are allowed. Right at the top, if you make enough of them, it's considered to be your style.” {1} [I guess some days, I’ve had lots and lots of style.]... Mr. Astaire died in 1987 in Los Angeles, California.

{1} Source: www.brainyquote.com

No comments: