Monday, June 4, 2007

Dorothy Gish died today – 39 years ago

U.S. actress Dorothy Gish was born on March 11, 1898 in Massillon, Ohio. She was the sister of Lillian Gish. She was in many, many (around 142) movies. She said, "I wanted to be a tragedienne. I only wanted sad parts. When mother read the press notices when I was on the road, saying I was a 'comedienne', the tears rolled down my cheeks. I thought comedians had to have black on their faces or red beards." {1} [Hmmmm.]... Ms. Gish died in 1968 in Rapallo, Liguria, Italy.

U.S. actor Joe E. Lewis was born as Joseph Klewan on January 12, 1902 in New York City, New York. He said, “You only live once - but if you work it right, once is enough." {2} [But some of us just need more time.]... Mr. Lewis died in 1971 in New York City, New York.

{1} Source: www.imdb.com
{2} Source: www.brainyquote.com

No comments: