Friday, June 6, 2008

Anne Bancroft died today – 3 years ago

Actress (in “Silent Movie”) Anne Bancroft was born as Anna Maria Louisa Italiano on September 17, 1931 in the Bronx, New York City, New York. She said, “I am quite surprised, that with all my work, and some of it is very, very good, that nobody talks about The Miracle Worker. We're talking about Mrs. Robinson. I understand the world... I'm just a little dismayed that people aren't beyond it yet." [Well, let’s see. “The Miracle Worker” was “the story of Anne Sullivan's struggle to teach the blind and deaf Helen Keller how to communicate”, while “Mrs. Robinson” was a character – and I do mean quite a character – in “The Graduate”. Which one do you think most people would remember the most?]... Ms. Bancroft died on June 6, 2005 in New York City, New York.

No comments: